February 29, 2008

Thing 4 - Flickr

I did have a little bit of frustration with using Flickr. Until I realized I had to load at least 5 photos and wait for them to be reviewed before they would show up in a search . Some of them still don't but I gave up trying to figure out why! Maybe they don't like Bob Dylan!

I think flickr is a great way to make your library more visible on the internet. After all when you are just looking at how things work what do you search on? Often it is you home town or where you live now, or a town you may be moving to. What a great way to learn about the community.

I have not tried any other photo posting website, but I have tried using Aviary's Phoenix program to edit photos on-line for free.

I am not to concerned about photos I post but I take some time and think about how public I want those to be. Unfortunately, there are many youth out there who do not think about that or think that because they are their photos no one else should be looking at them. They just don't realize once a photo is posted online it could be available forever and be altered.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your idea of learing about a community by using Flickr is something I'm sure people do. And posting your library pictures to take advantage of this is a wonderful idea. You also hit on a really important idea in being thoughtful and careful in what you post. We should always be mindful of unintended consequences.