March 28, 2008

Thing 15 - Online Games and Libraries

I played the first round of Puzzle Pirates and it was interesting to see the interaction. I had to wonder if they have people working or some type of software program that coaches the beginners, since it seemed to be able to tell I didn't know what I was doing and told me where to click and move to to get started, continue the game and how to go ashore and spend my winnings! While it was entertaining, besides possible "gaming" competitions I dont know how you would use it as a library.

Second Life I do find very interesting but very time consuming. From what I have read it is very exciting what other libraris are doing there but again it is a team of people working together and they still are not as far as they would like to be. I don't know how or if a small library would want to compete with that. I think it would be better to refer people there if interested and participate if you have the time.

No comments: