March 24, 2008

Thing 9 - Online Collaboration Tools



Welcome to Zoho Writer

Your Word Processor on the Web

This is a test for how well Zoho Writer works. I have used Open Office but this is really convenient to have a web based word processing software available with your documents any where you have internet access. a great way to back up data that does not require a secure environment.


The information above is text from my Zoho writer document. I also created a zoho wiki at:

http://chrismag08.wiki.zoho.com/

These are great tools to use when working as a team on a project. Especially if it is something system wide where all the team members are not located in one building.

The online storage of documents with Google and Zoho would also be great for staff that rotate between buildings or work from home - if the data is not private. I don't know how comfortable I would feel about storing files about staff or patrons online like this.


No comments: