March 25, 2008

Thing 12 - Social Media Sites

I understand it is important to stay on top of current events to understand what is going on in the world and to be able to patrons questions about those topics. However, I do not think spending a lot of time reviewing these sites would really be that helpful. I could see haveing the sites listed as something to look at when I have absolutely nothing else to do and had time to kill!

I would definately say these tools could easily be a distractor with all the funny and unusual and articles that may be from less than reliable sources.

I have heard of Digg before and seen the icons on websites but this is the first time I have experimented with any of them. I really don't see the value of the tools in a library setting besides the general exposure to news in the world.

No comments: